Just a little bit of heaven at the "Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill"


I had made reservations at the Blue Ribbon for four on Christmas Eve, not really knowing what to expect, but I was out of options as everything else in the area had been booked up. I love sushi, believe me, I really do, but it's not normally the first thing that comes to mind during the holidays. 

We showed up early, the night was cold yet very beautiful from all the holiday cheer and Christmas lights. After viewing the most charming Christmas tree at the Grove in LA, we headed for our reservations at the Blue Ribbon. Which is tucked away right up next to the movie theater, and we were pleased by the warm greeting we got from the host when we entered. 

They seated us at a table right in the middle of the restaurant, the waiter was fast, pleasing, and illuminated herself with an enjoyable smile.  She was kind enough to explain the menu to me, explain where the fish was from and gave me her personal recommendations. 

I ordered all sorts of sushi, the live clam is a must try, and I was just surprised at how good it all was. Blown away from not only the quality of food but also the experience the atmosphere brought. The waiter never missed a beat even though it was probably the busiest night of the year. I never had to flag her down for anything, I like that when a waiter knows I need something before I do, and she even took the time to explain the restaurant’s history.

My brother ordered fried chicken. Yes of all the things you could order he went with the fried chicken. Why on Christmas Eve would you order fried chicken at a quality sushi restaurant? Well I'm not one to judge, plus I thought I could tease him about it after, but to my shock, I would be the one getting teased. 

It ends up being some of the best damn chicken any of us had ever eaten. The first bite was like a smack in the face of just a little bit of heaven, the second bite had me embarrassed for doubting my brother's taste in food, and by the third bite, I was raving about how good this chicken actually was. It ends up that the Blue Ribbon is of course, famous for their chicken. They started on the east coast with much success, putting much love into their menus, and now they have started to introduce their beautiful food here in LA.
 
Their dessert was so good, a gingerbread with vanilla ice cream, which everyone else I was with started eyeballing, and of course, I shared. But not without taxing little bits of their fudge and lemon desserts. Besides I could only get halfway through my own dessert as I was stuffed from our prior dinner.


 It really was a perfect night, joyfully filled with such holiday spirit as we laughed and spoke of memories.  Starting to get tired, as we paid our bill something hit me, like a child who does not want to go to sleep at night, and I realized how special the moment was. How many nights do we get to share with our loved ones? Is it ever really enough? I made another order of chicken to go, and goddamn it was good.



Would you eat Chicken wings at quality sushi spot on Christmas Eve? Please comment below.

https://twitter.com/JTPrichett1
https://www.blueribbonrestaurants.com/restaurants/blue-ribbon-sushi-bar-grill-la/
Other blogs Official Google Blog: Go Blue, go Google
None of the photos are from the actual restaurant.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addiction And The Path To Freedom

Dinner, business, and sports at the Ariyoshi Sushi Cafe Izakaya