Dinner, business, and sports at the Ariyoshi Sushi Cafe Izakaya


I went to Ariyoshi Sushi for a business meeting with a friend. It's a nice place with good sushi for good prices. They have both a bar and tables to choose from for your dining experience. Best of all is the happy hour menu!!!


One luxury is it actually has nice parking around the back of the restaurant, a huge plus in Los Angeles, and it's a quick walk around to the front of the restaurant. They have some outdoor seating that you walk by as you enter, and it's just this small little spot that one could easily overlook. The staff welcomes you with hellos as you enter, which I always like, and they let you choose where you would like to sit.

So delightful of knowing that we did not have to wait to be seated. We sat of course at the bar and reviewed the menus. Right away I was pleased to see they had a wide screen T.V. with a Clippers basketball game on. The lighting was dim, but it gave a feeling of enjoyment.

Right away I saw that the service was kind of slow, they gave the smallest amount of wasabi and ginger I had ever received at a sushi restaurant. When I asked for more they came out with an overkill amount of both, not that I complained, but it just seemed odd.

The water had a strong taste of chlorine so I ordered Fiji bottled water instead. I continued to order a few types of rolls, some miso soup, and some sashimi from the happy hour menu. We continued on with our business well we waited for our food to be prepared.

Here comes the moment of truth!! As the sushi arrived with a beautiful plate decor, it looked irresistible, and I mixed large amounts of wasabi with soy sauce as my mouth watered. The first bite was no disappointment, it was tasty and fresh, and I devoured the roll with a steady quickness. The sashimi was even better than the rolls and considering it was for happy hour rates, I would have to say it was a steal. 

The miso soup, on the other hand, was not so good as it just tasted like it was old, and it left an aftertaste that screamed cheapness in your mouth. The green tea was all right, it tasted bland I guess, but I expected more for a place that seems to profess higher standards. 

The waiters and waitresses are kind of awkward, rude, and very slow. I had to flag them down for everything like once you're seated and have made your orders, it's like you don't exist anymore. It's not like the place is that big, or that it was packed at the time we ate either, and it just seemed like a lack of interest from their staff. It's bad enough to take them down to the 2-3 star ranges.

Finally, after waiting some time to get our bill, they produced the rare document only to unveil charges for orders we never made, and so they fixed the issue leaving all well that ends well. Although, I do have to say that I left with a lack of trust for their services from the lack of awareness from their staff.

Overall it's really good sushi if your willing to put up with the mediocre service. I enjoyed the overall experience, as I'm not a stickler, loved the ability to watch sports well I dined, and I would eat there again. If you like sushi this is totally a spot worth checking out in the West Hollywood area.


What expectations do you have when you dine? Please comment below.

https://twitter.com/JTPrichett1
None of the photos are from the actual restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a little bit of heaven at the "Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill"

Addiction And The Path To Freedom